Using the Zapier Integration
+ Pony Express HQ
Zapier is a service that connects apps and software so they can be used together.
With Zapier integration allows you to connect your Pony Express HQ dashboard to over 2000 different apps and services.
What is Zapier?
Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Google Docs, and more. You can connect two or more apps to automate repetitive tasks without coding or relying on developers to build the integration, – otherwise known as “zaps.”. It's easy enough that anyone can build their own app workflows with just a few clicks.
For example, maybe you get a lot of customer information in your Google Sheet document and you want to automatically add them into your "Group". Every time you save as your document to CSV file, you could open up in your Pony Express HQ dashboard, click the bulk import, and add in it to your dashboard. Or you can have Zapier automate this for you, saving you time and effort.
Before you get started, Zapier uses some in-house terminology you will want to familiarize yourself with to make the Zapier integration flow easier to build.
Zap: A Zap is an automated workflow you can use in between major platforms like websites, CRMs, or social media pages. A zap includes a trigger, an action, and a task.
Trigger: A trigger is an event that needs to happen in order for the zap to start.
Action: An action is an event that is completed by the automated zap integration.
Task: Each event that Zapier is completing for you while you focus on more important things is a task.
The Pony Express HQ Texting + Zapier integration allows you to perform the following triggers and actions for SMS marketing:
Send a bulk SMS Message
Create a Contact
Create a Group
How do Zapier and Pony Express HQ
With the Pony Express HQ and Zapier integration, you connect your other favorite platforms so that they work seamlessly with our mass text messaging service.
With over 2,000 existing app integrations, Zapier will allow you to supercharge your SMS marketing and mass text messaging programs by enabling you to do things such as:
Subscribe new people to your text programs when they are added to your CRM
Collect emails, phone numbers via SMS and pass that data back to your CRM
Send one of the messages and text blasts when events take place in other software suites
Capture user-specific data via text message and funnel it back to other software suites
How to Add Pony Express HQ Texting
as an Action in a Workflow
1. Go to this link to make a zap at https://zapier.com/app/zaps
2. Select your Google Sheet file.
3. Select your new spreadsheet row in Google Sheets.
4. Click here to link your Google Sheets account.
6. You can create a new Google Spreadsheet in your linked account like in this example.
7. Make sure you have your "Group Keyword" and "Phone Number" is in the 1st row. (required information)
8. Other information colons are optional.
9. Make sure your "Group Keyword" can be accessed from your Pony Express HQ dashboard.
10. Select your spreadsheet and worksheet
11. Time to test your "Trigger".
12. Select your "GetPonyExpress" application and choose your action event for "Add Contact to Group".
13. Choose your integrated account by using your API Key
14. Match each field from your spreadsheet to its the corresponding value
15. You are all set! 🎉 Click the "Test and Review" button.
16. When you see the "Test was successful!" message "Turn On Zap" button from the bottom dialog.
17. You see your new contact in your Group related to the keyword.
18. When you add a new line with the new contact information (Specified with Group Keyword) in your Google Spreadsheet this contact will be automatically added to your Pony Express HQ group. (After a few minutes)